Thursday, September 25, 2008

Interbike Trade Show & Stuff

Earl left yesterday for Interbike in Vegas. Sounds like he's meeting some awesome people in the bike industry. I did question him as to why I hadn't heard from him until lunch time. Too much tequila last night? I got no confession. Didn't really expect to. I know a lot of the folks Earl is going to see and I can predict a bit of trouble and chaos. So far the craziest story has been $100 bet to run down the escalator in underwear only. Chris (last name witheld) won his $100 for streaking, but gave it back because he wanted to do it anyway. I'll post if there is anything more to add. Gotta love Vegas stories.

We started our Mandarin lessons last week. UGH! What a difficult language. Thank goodness we go over the same material for three lessons. I keep falling back to my weak Spanish and pronounce the vowels with a Spanish flare. I don't think that will work in China. I play the CD's in the car and the dogs get really nervous when they ride with me. Not sure what that means. Maybe they hear a strange voice but don't see anyone besides me in the car.

Work has been good. Keeping busy with different projects and making headway on organizing some things. Our China plans are coming along. Exciting times.

The farm is good. Getting about a dozen chicken eggs a day. The horses are fat & happy. The goat is just fat... never seen him happy... probably because he's a goat. The ducks are only giving me two eggs a day. Time for a talk... with the axe. Not really. I talk tough, but that's it. But really, the return on 11 ducks and only two eggs! Enough free-loaders. That's what the dogs are for.

Chica has an abdominal tumor. Taking it day by day with her. We have her on some anti-cancer Chinese herbs. Hopefully it will buy us some quality time with her. Jaeger & Vinnie should be thinking about hunting season. All they seem to do is eat & play. Like I said... free-loaders. Osa is doing great. She's really protective of Chica and wouldn't let Vinnie near her when she wasn't feeling well. Vinnie is close to 100 lbs. He can manage to pull himself up to see what's on the counter, but can't get his butt in the back of the truck. Might have to get one of those lifts or a ramp. I weigh 20 lbs more than him. No wonder my back hurts.

Well, that's a wrap. Can't think of anything interesting to add. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Boy, he's sure lucky I don't live there anymore. Guess who? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deborah P!

    That would be trouble if you were still in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. earl, did I tell you I like to party?

    ReplyDelete